A founder member of the Chiltern Model Railway Association
Welcome to the Luton Model Railway Club
website. On these pages you will find information about the club and its activities. There are details of our
club's biennual exhibition and the layouts that belong to the club and to
We hope you enjoy looking at our webpages and, if you like what you have seen, perhaps you might be tempted to
come along to a club night. Here you can find out just what a friendly bunch we are, then maybe even join us.
- We are a small friendly club, which has been in existence since the mid 1950s and caters for a wide range of modelling and general railway interests.
- We meet on Monday nights from 8pm until around 10pm.
- The club has around 30 members and owns its own premises in the centre of Luton. The building comprises two floors with the ground floor being a general members'
meeting room; this area can be arranged for more formal
meetings such as for speakers, AGM or quiz nights. Our 'N' gauge layout also occupies part of this space and a second layout is currently under development.
The upper floor currently houses the '00', '0n30' and '0' gauge layouts and working materials.
- We also have a small reference library for members' use
and facilities for refreshments.
- Each year we hold a
modelling contest and photographic competition, which are open to all members and
for all gauges.
Exhibitions are held in alternate years
in Luton, as a main club show featuring all gauges, and in the intervening year there is a specialist
'0' gauge show in a neighbouring location.
- Regular visits are made by club members to other exhibitions and shows, sometimes we even can be found exhibiting a layout or two!
- Prospective new members are always welcome, contact us through the mail link
Contact Us page for details on how to find us.
Return to Top of the page
Last Modified: February, 2017
Copyright: LMRC 2017©